Saturday, March 19, 2011

DOMS

Two days since the last run and the DOMS (Delayed Onset Of Muscle Soreness) were still so significant today that it affected my skiing - there was no energy there and it hurt. Amazing that I can ride my bike hard and effectively for three hours with no significant after effect the following day and yet 20 minutes of forefoot running and I'm destroyed!

Next step is I'll reduce it to 15 minutes and see what the effect is. I'm happy to build this up very progressively because cycling will be my main sport this summer and it's a good opportunity to change running style without having to stop any current running routine. Still waiting for the Vibram FiveFingers to arrive - The minimalist "barefoot" running shoe with the horrendously expensive price tag...

No comments:

Post a Comment