Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stormy Weather

Set out with the best of intentions today, but it was a day too soon after the 140km workout. The weather was a bit dramatic and the original plan to come over the hill (where the white cloud is hanging in the photo below) was swapped with a straight run home in the valley below.

Montgirod seen from Aime

I was cycling back from Frontenex at 50km from Aime where I'd left the old van in the garage. The weather was forecast to worsen later on so I was discouraged from climbing to higher altitude.


Meanwhile my van is awaiting its fate in the garage and it could be terminal! I'm planning on giving it a real Viking send off by floating it out into a lake a bit and setting it on fire. It's just not right that something that has shared your life so closely and faithfully for years should be dumped in a scrap yard. I'll paint a proper boat on the side of it first so that it looks the part. This van taught me that you can learn all the skills of a formula one driver in a bus and still live.






No comments:

Post a Comment